Medical tourism in Israel, particularly addiction treatment at one of the best rehab clinics abroad, is growing in popularity. This growth is occurring in part because of the high-quality treatment available in the country and because of the low costs compared to other nations. In 2016, about 60,000 people came to Israel specifically to take advantage of the sophisticated health services in the country, according to the Ministry of Health. That’s twice as many as were hosted in 2013.
Selective procedures — including treatment for drug and alcohol abuse — can cost significantly less in Israel while providing exceptional service in a country known for its beautiful landscape. Cost of the best drug rehab overseas varies on the length of time you spend there and how long you require intensive detox supervision. While inpatient treatment for substance abuse in the United States can run anywhere from $15,000 to $100,000 for a 30-day stay, depending on the extra luxuries provided, similar treatment in Israel usually runs between 30 to 50 percent lower.
Confidential Travel Arrangements Made
As part of your agreement with Phoenix Rehabilitation Center in Israel, you’re given travel papers describing your invitation to enter the drug rehabilitation program for tourists that’s required when you cross the border. Through the entire process, however, your details are kept on a strictly need-to-know basis.
In addition to at least two or three copies of the invitation, you also need to take care of other preparations before you make the journey, including:
- A valid passport
- Plane tickets to and from your original destination
- Emergency travel insurance, to protect your wallet and other belongings on the trip
- A medical report from your primary care doctor
- An Israeli visa for medical travel
Russian and Ukrainian citizens do not need a visa. Staff at Phoenix Center provides all the necessary support for processing your visa, sending out your invitation and if necessary, negotiating on your behalf with the Israeli Consulate in your country. Emergency travel arrangements can also be made, if necessary. Please, just ask.
Rehabilitation for Tourists
You’re met at the airport by Phoenix Rehabilitation Center representatives who assist you from that point through the end of your stay in Israel. They provide all the necessary support to make your stay comfortable, inspiring and successful. At the best drug rehab in Europe, services you receive include:
- Private physician-supervised detox services for:
- Professional substance abuse counselors trained to oversee group therapy sessions and provide one-on-one counselling for treatment of a wide range of addictions, such as:
- Amenities at the drug rehab with the highest success rate are available to create a comfortable atmosphere conducive to a productive and successful recovery. At the best rehab centers in Europe, you can expect to find:
- Massage chairs
- Nutritious meal plans
- Art therapy
- The latest drug treatment programs, such as psychodrama
- Access to outside 12-step meetings
- Interaction with staff members who understand what you’re going through
Find a New Way to Live
Drug addiction is a world health hazard that affects the lives of those with the disease, their families, friends and society at large. And addiction numbers show no signs of slowing down. A huge study performed in 2015 by Australian researchers — and confirmed by the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, as well as the World Health Organization — reported that worldwide:
- 240 million people are dependent on alcohol daily
- 15 million users inject drugs, such as heroin
- More than one billion smoke cigarettes
- 5 percent of the world population smokes cannabis
The costs of active addiction to personal lives and society are immeasurable, far greater than the costs associated with treatment at even the best drug rehabilitation centers in Europe. You can address addiction in your own life through a top drug rehab clinic. Become a part of the changing statistics that provide hope for addicts and alcoholics around the world. Consider, for example:
- Nearly 10 percent of addicts and alcoholics who admit to having an addiction claim to be in recovery.
- There are more than 115,000 Alcoholics Anonymous (AA) groups in the world from 175 different countries, serving an estimated two million members.
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA) touts more than 67,000 meetings per week in 139 countries around the world.
Beat the Odds
Relapse is a very real concern for recovering people — about 40 to 60 percent of all addicts and alcoholics who seek treatment at rehab clinics, including those who attend inpatient and outpatient programs around the world, will relapse. This is about the same percentage of people with other chronic diseases who maintain their health through vigilance and in accordance with a strict program, such as people with diabetes, hypertension and asthma.
When you attend the best drug rehab overseas and participate fully in the programs, learning everything you can about yourself and your disease, you increase the chances that you can beat the odds and stay clean. Do it for yourself. Do it for your friends and family. Do it for your children. Go on to help others recover and live a long and fulfilling life, clean and sober.