DRUG ADDICTION TREATMENT
Effective treatment for drug addiction requires a multi-pronged approach that works on physical, mental, psychological, interpersonal and spiritual levels. When you’re addicted, it affects every part of your being. The best rehab clinics abroad rely on a holistic plan for drug addiction treatment that includes every aspect of your unique needs, as well as an introduction to the tools required for long-term recovery.
A drug rehab with the highest success rate, such as the Phoenix Rehabilitation Center, continually meets or exceeds drug addiction treatment statistics. Most report a 40 to 60 percent relapse rate among those who attend formal treatment. But the best drug rehabilitation centers in Europe tend to have much lower relapse rates because of the focused approach to relapse prevention.
DRUG ADDICTION TREATMENT OPTIONS
A well-rounded treatment for drug addiction takes into account the vast number of substances that carry heavy mental and physical consequences. These treatment centers create distinct programs to serve each. For example, a cocaine detox requires different withdrawal support than an opiates detox.
The best drug rehab overseas offers treatment for a wide range of substance abuse disorders, including:
- Meth addiction treatment
- Marijuana addiction treatment
- LSD addiction treatment
- Heroin addiction treatment
- Oxycodone addiction treatment
- Methadone addiction treatment
- Opiate addiction treatment
- Alcohol addiction treatment
The First Step of Drug Addiction Treatment
You take the first step toward recovery and a healthy new life when you choose to come to one of the best drug addiction treatment centers. Whether you come to drug abuse treatment because your friends and family set ultimatums, the courts mandated your treatment or you’re ready to begin a new way of life free from the stranglehold of addiction, you have a chance at freedom. Congratulations for taking that first giant step!
First, you receive a physical examination and interview. If you need to undergo detoxification when you first enter treatment, your physical withdrawal period is overseen by a physician and other staff trained in the detox process for your particular substance. And during all the stages of drug addiction treatment, you’ll be seen by a psychiatrist who can help you manage additional symptoms and assist you with the correct medications if you have a dual-diagnosis.
13 Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment
The American-based National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) has spent considerable time studying the scientific approach to substance abuse rehabilitation and effectiveness of drug addiction treatment in its myriad forms. The fundamental 13 principles they found necessary to provide the best outcome for drug addiction treatment follow a basic tenet that the best drug addiction treatment centers respect:
- Treatment is not one-size-fits-all. You require an individual plan; your progress happens at your own pace, which is different from others in rehab.
- Substance abuse treatment must be ready to take you when you’re ready. Asking an addict to wait for a spot in a treatment facility can mean the difference between life and death in many cases. When you’re ready, get help.
- Recovery is multi– Treatment must address every aspect of your recovery, not just withdrawal from the drugs.
- Flexibility is tantamount to the process of drug addiction treatment. Your individual needs may change during the rehab process. The staff must be prepared to change as necessary to meet your needs.
- Treatment takes time. Adequate treatment depends on you. It can range from 10 to 90 days. In addition to the progress you make, the ability to remain in treatment with adequate resources to support you also play a role in how long you stay.
- Talk therapy plays a vital role in effective treatment. Both group therapy and one-on-one behavioral counselling with a trained substance abuse counselor are mandatory to facilitate your effective treatment.
- Medication management is vital. A trained doctor must be on hand to prescribe you necessary medications as needed. Some withdrawals are better managed with medication, while others rely on medication for relapse prevention.
- Dual diagnoses must be recognized. A substance abuse treatment won’t work if co-existing mental challenges aren’t addressed at the same time. Disclose all diagnoses.
- Detox is just the first step in recovery process. You need sufficient time to learn and integrate other steps in the treatment process to have a chance at maintaining a long-term recovery.
- Enforcement can be just as effective as voluntary drug abuse treatment. It doesn’t always matter how you make it to treatment for drug addiction, just that you do.
- Drug addiction treatment centers must be drug– Substance abuse among patients in rehab may be common, but staff members must maintain constant vigilance for rule-breakers.
- Methods of drug addiction treatment must include testing for infectious diseases. Conditions such as HIV and hepatitis are rampant in drug-abusing communities.
- Recovery continues long after treatment ends. While the importance of drug addiction treatment can’t be overemphasized, the duration of drug abuse treatment is a lifelong process. Long-term recovery is possible, even for those who relapse and return to treatment multiple times.